Vice President Director of Business Development, Health
Cathy has committed her 28-year career exclusively to the healthcare design industry where she continually works to build effective relationships and strong team communication. Her strategic thinking and leadership abilities have given her firm exposure to reach their goals through meaningful communication and partnerships to allow a stronger industry presence. A true client advocate and trusted advisor she partners with clients and industry colleagues to instill trust and bring awareness, recognition and exposure to her firm.
Healthcare Design Work
I have dedicated my career to the healthcare design industry focused on building extraordinary relationships and strategic partnerships with clients and other industry leaders who are committed to making a difference for patients, their families and staff through thoughtful design. By genuinely and authentically connecting with people, it has led me to the many talented individuals with the same passion for this industry.
Education & Credentials
- Recipient of the 2018 Founders Award for commitment to the healthcare industry
- Named an Industry Leader in Facility Care’s Who’s Who, 2008
- Advisory Board Member, Healthcare Facilities Symposium 2006-Present
- Board Member, The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) 2000-2008, Professional Development Chair, 2005-2008, Programs Co-Chair 2014-2015
- Member, The Center for Health Design
- Member, Chicago Health Executives Forum (CHEF)
- Member, American Society for Hospital Engineering (ASHE PDC)
- Evidence-Based Design Accreditation & Certification Planning Committee
- Nurse Restorative Space, Volunteer contributor in a study for developing a restorative space for the Advocate/Trinity Hospital’s nursing staff.
- HealthCare Facilities Symposium, Patient Concept Room Exhibit. Directed and coordinated design services to develop a mock up patient concept room for conference toured by 1200+ attendees.
- Juror, 2010 SMPS National Marketing Communications Awards.
- Co-Author/Workplace Design: a Laboratory for Inventiveness; published in The Journal for Quality & Participation.
I have an adopted orphaned baby elephant in Nairobi named Kiombo, who was rescued after his mother was killed.