The Symposium heads to Long Beach, California in 2022!
HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION MARKET
• Twenty Southern California hospitals have been named among the top 1,000 in the world by Newsweek
• Three of the top twenty Southern California hospitals are ranked among the top 200 globally — Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica.
• There are over 500 hospitals in California
• The Hospital Association of Southern California has over 170 member hospitals
• Dignity Health Southern California consists of six world-class hospitals stretching from Long Beach to Northridge, from Downtown to Glendale, to the Inland Empire and San Bernardino. Twelve Kaiser Permanente in Southern California were recognized as “high performing” in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-20 Best Hospitals study.
• The American Institute of Architects California has 22 chapters including AIA Long Beach, AIA Los Angeles and AIA San Diego
• Long Beach is one giant playground located right in the heart of Southern California. Here you can experience it all from a deep-sea adventure at the Aquarium of the Pacific right on the bay and a voyage in time aboard the historic Queen Mary to lively guided tours through downtown and the colorful East Village. Within an hour’s drive, you can explore the fabulous worlds of Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and every major Southern California attraction.
• Long Beach’s urban sophistication, with the atmosphere of a beach resort, offers big city amenities alongside the visitor friendly charm of a small town. Visitors will find first-class accommodations, shopping, dining, attractions, seaside sightseeing along picturesque bays and 5 ½ miles of sandy beachfront.
LONG BEACH IS ACCESSIBLE!
• You have your choice of 3 airports all within 30 miles - Long Beach Airport (LGB), Orange County John Wayne Airport (SNA) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
• Great public transportation options - take the Metro Blue Line, L.A.'s first light rail transit system which runs from 7th Street in Downtown L.A., to downtown Long Beach. When in Long Beach, take advantage of the city's public transportation services available both on land and water! The bright red Passport Shuttle offers service to major Long Beach attractions and is free throughout the downtown area and whisks you quickly to downtown's cultural spots.
• Long Beach has set the standard for "walkability" and is an ideal spot for strollers and bikers alike.
• The Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center is a modern and stylish facility located in the heart of Long Beach’s downtown waterfront.
• It is overlooking bustling Rainbow Harbor, Queensway Bay and miles of sandy Pacific Ocean beachfront.
• The city's best shopping, entertainment and dining options are all within walking distance.
• The Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center has new wiring for the latest technology as well as wireless capability
• It was one of the first green arenas in the U.S. The facility has 5,800 solar panels atop 400,000 square feet of meeting and event space. The convention center strives to conserve natural resources with recycling and energy-reducing initiatives.