Jessica Gutierrez-Rodriguez MSMOT
Executive Director, Facilities Management & Operations
University of Texas Health San Antonio
Jessica has over ten years experience in hospital administration and Joint Commission compliance overseeing ancillary and support service areas. These areas include Plant Maintenance, Clinical Engineering, Food Service, Environmental Services, Clinical Nutrition Services, Reimbursement, and Revenue Enhancement. She is also responsible for prioritizing and managing facility projects based on cost, patient necessity, organizational benefit, and compliance. Prior to joining the healthcare industry in 2004, Jessica worked as a project engineer for USAA, a large financial services company that serves the military and its families.
Healthcare Design Work
– Participated as a design team member for the new Texas Center for Infectious Disease, one of the largest tuberculosis treatment facilities in the nation with 75 negative air pressure rooms, located in San Antonio, TX.
– Collaborated with the psychiatric hospital Volunteer Services Council to fund and donate a healing garden and dayroom lobby renovations to create a therapeutic environment
– Developed matrix for selecting projects based on patient needs and budget constraints.
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Management of Technology
Jessica is a big fan of Project Runway and fashion design.