James S Bicak AIA
SVP Facilities Management, Construction & Campus Transformation
Over 30 years in the field of architecture, planning, design and construction beginning with private practice design firms and continuing as a member of the senior management team for healthcare organizations. The past 25 years have focused on healthcare projects with primary responsibility for planning and executing projects as the owner’s project executive. Responsibilities have also included managing hospital operations as well as projects.
Healthcare Design Work
Healthcare work has focused on developing projects to create the patient-focused and efficient environments required to advance the strategic initiatives of the organization. Projects have included large replacement hospital and renovation work as well as master plans with multiple projects to be executed over a number of years.
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor of Science of Architectural Studies, University of Nebraska, 1979
- Master of Architecture, University of Washington, 1986
- Registered Architect – Washington State and Illinois
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- American Institute of Architects
- American Society of Healthcare Engineers
I have backpacked in the Denali wilderness in central Alaska (and I still like to go on trips).