The Symposium returns to Boston for first time since 2003!
HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION MARKET
• 22 world-renowned teaching hospitals and academic medical centers, 18 nursing schools located in Massachusetts, 9 teaching hospitals
• 198,000 medical professionals in Boston
• #1 hospital in the US – Mass General. #1 Children’s hospital in the US – Boston Children’s Hospital. #1 Medical School in the US – Harvard University.
• The Boston Society of Architects/AIA has 4,500 members. The AIA New England Regional Council has over 6,000 AIA Members and Associate Members in the eight New England chapters.
• Known as the "Athens of America," Boston's renowned medical and educational institutions have helped to make it an international center of learning and intellectualism.
• Boston is the gateway to New England where other top hospitals such as Yale-New Haven Hospital, Maine Medical Center, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center are located.
• From historical attractions to world-famous museums, musical institutions, world-class restaurants and sports, Boston is a city like no other. But its innovative spirit and leadership in a variety of industries make for a truly unique event destination!
BOSTON IS ACCESSIBLE!
• No city in the U.S. delivers faster travel times between the airport and its convention centers than Boston. Logan Airport is only 15 minutes to the Hynes.
• Currently New England’s largest transportation center, Logan ranks 20th in the nation in passenger volume and 19th in flight movements.
• Boston is amongst the most walkable cities in the country.
• The Hynes Convention Center
is accessible via several bus routes and is just steps away from four subway stations: Hynes Convention Center, Copley, and Prudential on the Green line and Back Bay on the Orange line.
• The Hynes is conveniently located just minutes away from Boston’s major highways and is easily accessible from Boston’s Logan Airport and many public transit routes. Whether it’s by car, train, or bus, getting to and from the Hynes couldn’t be easier!
• Located in the heart of the city in Boston’s beautiful and historic Back Bay neighborhood. Walking distance to many restaurants!
• Hynes is connected to over 3,100 hotel rooms and two premier shopping destinations
• Free WIFI throughout the entire facility
• Located just 15 minutes from Logan International Airport
• The Hynes focuses on energy, water and waste conservation as part of their daily operating strategy. They minimize power consumption through sensor-controlled utilities, high-efficiency lighting, and operations strategies that allow them to minimize usage in non-occupied spaces. They are committed to using green cleaning products, sourcing local food and beverage, composting food waste, and increasing their diversion rates year after year.