Advisory Board Member:
Vice President Business Development, Healthcare
Healthcare Design Work
I have loved my career through the years in the design industry which has been focused on finding new opportunities for the designing of hospitals and healthcare facilities that make a difference for the patient experience. My work has been through communications, networking, relationship building and strategic thinking. By genuinely and authentically connecting with people, the ability to communicate effectively through multiple sources has brought success to my career and has allowed me to work with strong individuals who have the same passion for the industry.
Cathy has committed her 26 year career exclusively to the healthcare design industry where she continually works to build effective relationships and strong team communication. Her strategic thinking and leadership abilities have given her firm exposure to reach their goals through meaningful communication and partnerships to allow a stronger industry presence. A true client advocate and trusted advisor she partners with clients and industry colleagues to instill trust and bring awareness, recognition and exposure to her firm.
Education & Credentials
Graduate, STEPHENS COLLEGE
MARKETING: PUBLIC RELATIONS/ADVERTISING
- Named an Industry Leader in Facility Care’s Who’s Who, 2008
- Board Member, Healthcare Facilities Symposium 2006-Present
- Board Member, The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) 2000-2008, Professional Development Chair, 2005-2008, Programs Co-Chair 2014-2015
- Member, The Center for Health Design
- Member, Chicago Health Executives Forum (CHEF)
- Member, American Society for Hospital Engineering (ASHE PDC)
- Evidence-Based Design Accreditation & Certification Planning Committee
- Nurse Restorative Space, Volunteer contributor in a study for developing a restorative space for the Advocate/Trinity Hospital’s nursing staff.
- HealthCare Facilities Symposium, Patient Concept Room Exhibit. Directed and coordinated design services to develop a mock up patient concept room for conference toured by 1200+ attendees.
- Juror, 2010 SMPS National Marketing Communications Awards.
- Co-Author/Workplace Design: a Laboratory for Inventiveness; published in The Journal for Quality & Participation.
I was invited to Elton John’s birthday party at his home.